A cold snap
A friend of the family has agreed to introduce me to her literary agent to talk about ideas for a book on Kenya. Aside from this blog, I haven't written a word since the last newsletter ended in December 2005. So I'll be sifting through about 800 pages of entries trying to find worthy passages to show the agent. If anyone wants to help out by telling me what your favorite stories from Kenya are, I would much appreciate it!
An update on Camp GLOW: Donations are almost in - I'm going to be sending the big check next week. Thanks to those who gave. Between all of you and the former Peace Corps community, we're going to be sending about $400. By the way, Camp GLOW Kenya now has a MySpace page. Check it out:
www.myspace.com/campglow
While I'm providing links, here are some recent interesting articles about Kenya:
A Maasai man models with Gisele
Kenyan call centers
Cellphones, Maxi-Pads and Other Life-Changing Tools


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home