News
Just over a year ago, I packed up my few belongings and left the town of Narok for the last time. It's hard to believe that I've been away from Kenya for so long. In some ways, the experience is still fresh in my mind. I find myself telling people I meet, "I just returned from Peace Corps." But that's not true anymore, is it? At some point, it's time to accept that the Kenya part of my life is over and move on to a new phase.
Yesterday, I accepted a job. It's nothing to get excited about. I can assure you that the position of "quality assurance tester" has not been my lifelong dream. It's entry level, and entails a hellish commute. But it's part of moving on. I plan to be there 6 months, while still looking at other options for the long-term.
I start Monday. Wish me luck!


1 Comments:
Good luck Ames! Life in the working world sux tho, I gotta tell ya...
I'm stationed in the UK now, living the good life in Dorset County, in southeast England. Lots of great hiking and generally interesting things to see here, and the living is easy. I'm plotting a 4-8 week someKindaTrip in the summer of 08 when I transfer outta this job. Maybe another bike trip (I'm thinking Peru...), or maybe a hiking thing. Maybe wind my way out to Utah for the Burning Man? You should come with me. Plan on it.
Post a Comment
<< Home