Bunny on a Bike Ride
The rules are simple. Show up on a bike and sport bunny ears. I decided to get a little more creative and attend the event as a goth vampire bunny, finding amusement in taking something cute and making it evil and dark. But I forgot my fangs at the last minute, and switched to simply a goth bunny. Unfortunately, no one there knew me and being goth in Portland is not terribly uncommon, so I think the irony was lost on people.
The ride started from 6 different locations in the city with 4 rides in the quadrants, 1 in the North, and a group of hearty Zoobombers. These folks meet at the Portland Zoo on a weekly basis, high up in the west hills, and ride primarily children's bikes as fast as they can down to the city. This little event even warrants a Wikipedia entry!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoobomb
There were about 100 people out today braving monster winds and rain. I chose to meet up with people in the Southeast. From there, our leader guided us to an undisclosed location for a potluck and outdoor fun. As fortune would have it, this undisclosed location was Irving Park, about 1/2 mile from where I live! Thanks to the weather, there was no outdoor fun. But there was carrot cake, popcorn, chips and salsa, and all the marshmallow peeps you could ever possibly want. (Which would be zero marshmallow peeps for me.) One guy actually covered himself with them. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of that. I'm sure they will post better pictures on the internet at some point, but in the meantime, you can check my winter album for a few.
Bunny on a Bike Ride Photos


1 Comments:
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment
<< Home