Round About Portland

Read along as I experience life.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Please allow me to introduce myself

Check this out. My very own blog. I'm always trying to reach new heights of self-indulgence, and it looks like I've done it again. But at least I'm upset about it, folks. (reference Holly Hunter in Broadcast News) The only thing worse would be to write a weekly newsletter from a foreign country and send it off unsolicited to 80 people every week for two years. Check.

So the prodigal daughter returns. And sure, I've had my share of culture shock this past month or so - walked out of a Target crying once because, frankly, this just doesn't feel like my life yet. But then again it never did. OK, let's not scare you folks off so early. We'll save that psycho-analysis for another time.

Basically, the adjustment process has put me in a contemplative mood. Before Peace Corps, that would have meant lots of scribbling in my journal and never going back to read it again. But times have changed. And now I can scribble in a blog that I (and others) will never go back and read again. Ain't progress marvellous?

Not only that, but I can post pretty (and not so pretty) pictures to boot. The one on my profile, by the way, is of my reintegration with the curling iron. It took my mom and aunt 30 minutes to untangle it from my hair, and that was the result. Since then, I've reverted to the Peace Corps ponytail.

I don't have much interest in musing today, I'm afraid. I could talk about the painful process of job-hunting, the emotional ties I still hold to my recently sold car (I miss you, Loretta), my first live music show in two years. But it seems like too much for the very first post. Instead, I'll just say: welcome. And thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home